[tmql-wg] Proposed new requirement: Ability to produce textual output

Chris Angus Chris.Angus@kalido.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:37:22 +0100

* - do we all agree that the ability to produce output from TMQL is a
    good thing?

Yes

* - should we say that this ability MAY be specified in a separate
    part (that is, not in part 1 of TMQL)?

* - should we make the ability to produce non-XML output a SHALL
    requirement, a MAY requirement, or just leave it out?

Why not specify an abstract model for output, with XML and templated raw
text as two specific physical output forms specified as part of TMQL.
Other physical output forms based on the abstract model MAY be specified
as separate extensions.  The SHALL requirement would be to produce
output in one or more of the conformant forms (i.e. conformant to the
abstract model).
=20
Chris Angus
Product Architect