[tmql-wg] Proposed new requirement: Ability to produce textual output

20 Jun 2003 10:41:45 +0200

Dear Naito-san,

* Motomu Naito

| Sorry, what do you mean "textual output"?
| Is it mean part of Topic Map data with tag?

My apologies for not being very clear. I should have been more
explicit. By textual output I mean that it should be possible to use
TMQL to create for example HTML output from a topic map.

In other words, this feature would allow you to do a query like
"please find me all instances of the 'composer' type" and use the
result to produce output like the following

    <title>Famous Italian opera composers</title>

    <h1>Famous Italian opera composers</h1>

    <ul>
      <li>Giacomo Puccini
      <li>Guiseppe Verdi
      <li>...other composers :)...
    </ul>

I hope this made it clear what I had in mind. If anyone has
suggestions for how I can improve the wording of the requirement to
make it easier to understand that would be welcome.