[tmql-wg] Proposed requirements: Operations on primitive types

Robert Barta rho@bigpond.net.au
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:56:28 +1000

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:11:19PM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> for, say, numbers through an add-on seems to me clearly non-trivial.
> Also, if we take too much out of the basic QL and into extensions we
> hurt interoperability, which was the reason for creating the QL in the
> first place...

True.

> Does anyone feel we have a requirement here?

What about something like

   "TMQL shall provide support for the following basic types (either
   natively in the language or as standard extension):

      - boolean, int, ...

?

\rho