[tmql-wg] Proposed requirements: Operations on primitive types

23 Jul 2003 13:13:32 +0200

* Chris Angus

| The other consideration that arises is whether a date or number is
| treated as a topic or as a characteristic of a topic (an
| occurrence).

Yep, that's what I was thinking of with the second issue, because this
raises the issue of whether the primitive value - primitive type
relationship is the same as the type-instance relationship.

We need to think about this one.

| I might, for example, have a topic that is an instance of
| "birthdate" and that topic might have an occurrence that is resource
| data and that is an instance of "date", alternatively I might have a
| topic that has an occurrence that is resource data and that is an
| instance of "birthdate" where "birthdate" is a subclass of "date".

Yep, this is precisely the kind of thing I had in mind.