[tmql-wg] Re: [sc34wg3] Re: Alpha-Draft for TMQL Use Cases for review

Robert Barta rho@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:29:06 +1000

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 05:14:37PM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> | Please comment on the general direction as well as on details.
>
> Hmmm. My immediate impression is that we are going in the right
> direction, but that we haven't gone far enough yet. Comments below.
> Maybe the best we can do to move this one step forward is for you and
> me to discuss it on IRC?

>  - section numbers would be nice

Right, the stylesheet will have to (re)create them.

>  - I think we need to be more specific and get down to the level where
>    we have example data and specific queries specified in English

Hmm, for the application scenarios this might be too complex to
describe because they are too high-level. My intent there was to
outline the bigger picture how TMQL can be used for applications.

For the 'application use cases' this is certainly possible and I tried
to come up with some. I certainly can do it more detailed, in fact I
even have some AsTMa? code :-)

>  - personally, I think it is a bit too wordy. Every word, sentence, or
>    paragraph that could be cut without loss to the purpose of the
>    document should be, I think.

Noted.

>  - text should be added to explain the purpose of the document and its
>    relation to the TMQL effort as a whole

In the last version if have

  http://topicmaps.bond.edu.au/junk/uc2.dbk?style=print#id3207422

Is this good enough?

> Appendix B
>
>  - a link to an XTM version of this TM as an external file would be
>    good, I think

Or a second appendix, right. It is probably better to have all in one
document.

Thx!

\rho