[sc34wg3] CXTM draft for review

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Mon Apr 14 06:36:07 EDT 2008

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> We now have a new CXTM draft ready for review at:
>    http://www.isotopicmaps.org/cxtm/
>
> The draft is going out for ballot on May 15th. This is just advance
> notice so that you can get your comments in before then.

I have just noticed that CXTM and TMDM (and probably other related spec) use

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

as namespace for XML Schema Datatypes. While W3C XML Schema spec
recommends to use the following namespace if only datatypes from XML
schema are reused:

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes

I have raised this comment in Oslo during we were discussing CTM. Of
course this namespace should be same in all TM related standards. And it
is more important to be the same, then to be slightly more correct.

If there is a general agreement that the later namespace should be used,
could editors make sure that all TM-spec are synchronized?

Thanks and sorry for bringing up this issue which is from perspective of
topic mapping almost completely irrelevant.

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz