[sc34wg3] CTM Comments

Robert Barta rho at bond.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 19:16:08 EDT 2007

Hi all,

In the following a write-up of (editorial) comments I had for the
Oslo version. Some things might be obsolete, sorry for that. If things
do not make sense, then probably because I wrote this in the middle
of the night. Jetlag is such a beautiful thing....

- reification

  I still wonder why this is not

  mymap ~ ctm:self

- "CTM supports all constructs of [ TMDM ]". Drop 'the'

- 3.3.4

  Which 'topic' is referred to? Maybe use the parent node/context?

- 3.3.4

  Maybe make last sentence into a NOTE?

- 3.3.6

  For reifier which should find something 'arrow-ish'

   ~~>
   ~> ... whatever

  which can be reversed

- general

  Drop 'deserialization', because the whole document is about
deserialization.

- 3.4.

  "One CTM document..." ---> NOTE?

- 3.5.

  Use of the concept "statement" is undefined. And identity is no
statement.

- 3.6

  Maybe make use of parent context?

  'type' ambiguous because there is the assoc type and the role type.

- 3.9

  I again propose ! instead of -.

  Not sure about the grammar. Maybe this is better?

   name -> '!' [ type ':' ] string .....

- 3.9

  I again propose that ""s are dropped where not necessary. I will
  re-raise this as issue.

- 3.12

  drop 'ordinary'

  suggest phrase: "topic declaration and association declaration"

  suggest phrase: "...possibility to use variables for topic references
and..."

- 3.13

  Maybe show how templates can be use standalone:

is-person (name : "....", ......)

  and in infix notation

  rho is-born-in vienna .

- 3.15

  The "currently" somehow contradicts the "only legal version".

- 3.18 and 3.17

  I still wonder whether it should be possible to merge the two into one
mechanism.

  We have:

    - provenance of the external information (URL or system-dependent
string)
    - the format in which this is
    - whether merging by topic ids is done or not

- 3.18

  Why is there a restriction that only "mentioned" syntaxes can be used?

  Is the text block starting with "During deserialization" necessary?

- 3.19

  Quoted strings can contain now linebreaks, yes? In any case, it must
be
  always possible to escape " and """.