[sc34wg3] Re: WG3 DEADLINE Approaching! 22 February 2007

Motomu Naito motom at green.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Mar 2 09:37:49 EST 2007

Hi all,

Sorry for my late response.

In order to have useful meeting in Oslo, at the beginning of the meeting, I
think we need to reconfirm what we had decided at previous meeting and what
we should decide this time according to the recommendation of the previous
meeting.

I think I have not received the recommendation or meeting note in Leipzig yet.
So I tried to make the draft recommendation of Leipzig meeting.
Please check it and make corrections.

I hope we can have a fruitful meeting in Oslo.

Best regards,

Motomu Naito

At 09:14 07/02/17, you wrote:
 >Greetings!
 >
 >Please note that 4 weeks prior to the WG 3 meeting in Oslo is 22 February 2007.
 >
 >Any new drafts, issues lists (please), etc. must be filed by that date.
 >
 >Early filing would be greatly appreciated by the acting convenor. :)
 >
 >I will make every effort to turn submissions around to Ken on the day I
get them but early filing would not be a bad idea.

 >By this next Monday I will be circulating a proposed agenda among the
editors. Realize that in order to make substantial progress on any of the
material, some things may have to wait until the next meeting of WG 3. The
TMRM, which I am sure you know I am deeply interested in, is probably not
going to be discussed in Oslo, at least not substantively. That does not
reflect a lack of interest or my judgment as to its importance but we only
have three days and we need to focus on the most critical parts that need
to advance. (Yes, I know, we all think our parts are the most critical and
it is asking a lot to defer conversation on some matters but I think in the
long run we will get more done and be quite pleased with the results.
Recall that we can do letter ballots as well as meeting votes.)

 >I hope that we can discuss informally as well as briefly formally some
options for getting more work done outside of our face to face meetings so
we can make the best use of our time together.

 >Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I am looking forward to
seeing everyone in Oslo.

 >Patrick
 >
 >--
 >Patrick Durusau
 >Patrick at Durusau.net
 >Chair, V1 - Text Processing: Office and Publishing Systems Interface
 >Co-Editor, ISO 13250, Topic Maps -- Reference Model
 >Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005
 >
 >Topic Maps: Human, not artificial, intelligence at work!

Motomu Naito <motom at green.ocn.ne.jp>
CEO, Knowledge Synergy Inc.
3-747-4-203, Kusunokidai, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-0037 Japan
http://www.knowledge-synergy.com/
phone: +81-4-2993-0519  cell phone: +81-90-4926-1306
Delegate to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3 (Topic Maps WG) from Japan