[sc34wg3] New TMRM document posted

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 06:04:10 -0400

Greetings!

In preparation for the reference model workshop in Montreal, Steve
Newcomb and I have submitted: Narrative About the Topic Maps --
Reference Model, document number 527.

It is quite short but in non-ISO style tries to summarize what we see as
the principles underlying the reference model and addressing what we see
as failures of explanation on our part in prior drafts of the TMRM.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. The more we can do online prior to
Montreal, the more focused and productive our time can be when we are at
the reference model workshop.

Note that I will be traveling from 21 July until the meeting so posts on
or after that day may have responses delayed for a day or two. I should
arrive in Montreal late on the 29th of July (from Amsterdam) so may or
may not be coherent enough to informally discuss the reference model
late on the 30th in preparation for the workshop. I am staying at the
main hotel.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development