[sc34wg3] New SAM PSIs

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:24:37 -0500 (EST)

[murray writes]
> One of things that this discussion (both public and privately) has
> unearthed, is to what formal set theoretic model we in the topic
> map community believe TM should follow. To my knowledge this has not
> been discussed openly, and the discussion here seems to have brought
> up a fair amount of ambiguity in terminology.

Can you give a pointer to a useful paper that would serve as a point of
entry to such a discussion? (Preferably one that if math, was not
intimidating).

Can you give a pointer to a userful paper on set theoretic notation?

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.