[sc34wg3] Question on TNC / Montreal minutes

Marc de Graauw sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:09:19 +0200

I've read the Montreal minutes, but find a few things unclear.

The TNC becomes optional, and can be switched on and off. Something like
this will happen:

<topic id="t1">
  <baseName>
    <baseNameString merge="on">Mama Cass</baseNameString>
  </baseName>
</topic>

Right?

I also see in the discussion below that it has been discussed what
happens when a merging TM and a to-be-merged TM specify different values
for the 'merge' attribute, but I cannot make out the outcome of this
discussion. What is it?

Also: is this Topic Map (going to be) valid?

<topicMap>

  <topic id="t1">
    <baseName>
      <baseNameString merge="on">Mama Cass</baseNameString>
    </baseName>
  </topic>

  <topic id="t6">
    <baseName>
      <baseNameString merge="off">Mama Cass</baseNameString>
    </baseName>
  </topic>

</topicMap>

Thanks for clarifying,