[sc34wg3] (off thread) Voting membership

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:53:16 -0400

> * Bernard Vatant
>
> | My remark was also about the process that is starting now with AFNOR
> | in France, which will be desperately slow I'm afraid.

	* Lars Marius Garshol
	| Well, I hope it succeeds. I would rather see Bernard-with-vote
than
	| Bernard-without-vote.

Your Chairman certainly agrees. The more voting national bodies we have, the
more secure our future is. (Right now, JTC1, and SC34 in particular, are in
trouble because people and national bodies are leaving the process.) As much
as the ISUG President likes having a strong ISUG delegation, the SC34
Chairman would rather have a strong SC.

Jim