[sc34wg3] SAM-issue psi-generics (was: SAM-issue term-scope-def)

10 Jul 2002 14:40:39 +0200

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| This is very slippery here, I am afraid.
| Do things become subjects only if they can be spoken about or
| conceived of by a human being?
| This philosophical argument is as old as the World.
| I think that you are putting a coma in a wrong place.
| Subjects are ideas about real things, they exist in the mental world.

Outside the scope of the standard, I would say. The best resolution is
perhaps to say that subjects are the intention of their author, and
what, if any, extension that intention has is outside our scope.